Friday 12 February 2016

Kia ora and Welcome

This is the Year 9 Snapshot Site for 2016. A place for photos & videos displaying what our wonderful year group does at Newlands College. My name is Mr Broadbent and in my role as Year 9 Dean I will strive to keep this page up to date with what is going on in Year 9. I will be supported by our form-class reps who will fulfill the roll of part-time media gatherers. 

A little bit about me and my role: I am a fifth year teacher who started his career at Newlands College. My passions include Mathematics, sport, and musical theater. I am thoroughly enjoying the role of being the Year 9 Dean and am extremely positive about the calibre of students we have in this year group. My role is to deal with the pastoral side of life at Newlands College and I relish the opportunity to correspond with parents about what I can do to ensure your child gets the most out of their time at Newlands College. In my opinion the best thing about Newlands College is the diversity of our students and the quality of our teaching staff. It is a real pleasure to be part of a great institution that works collaboratively to ensure our students, in my opinion, get the best education Wellington can provide.


This site has been set up as a place to view photos & videos of the amazingly enthusiastic students who make up our year group. Essential information about the school's upcoming events and reminders will still be conveyed through the main school website www.newlands.school.nz, as well as email correspondence. As the years progress we will update the site title.

The first few weeks has been a blur of orientation and peer support. Our Year 9's have enjoyed a camp at El Rancho and a whirlwind beginning to the year.

Below is a quick snapshot of the Year 9's and their peer support leaders (Year 13's) who have been partaking in ice-breaker activities and valuable group sessions to kick off our year. We intend to update the site weekly with all that is going on at Newlands College.

Me Whakamatau
Ben Broadbent
Year 9 Dean
bbroadbent@newlands.school.nz























7 comments:

  1. Hi. Nice to see the children out of the home environment. Love the pics. Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, these pics are great to see! Please keep on doing this : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. Fantastic way to share some of their college life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pics! Thanks for sharring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy looking at the pics. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. Thanks for the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. Thanks for the pictures

    ReplyDelete